The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: How did your team do on draft day?
- Future Hall of Famer Miguel Cabrera needs surgery to repair a ruptured biceps tendon and will miss the rest of the 2018 season. Though it’s unfortunate news when any player suffers a season-ending injury, this is especially discouraging for the 35-year-old Cabrera, who looked to be bouncing back after a rough 2017 campaign, posting a .301/.394/.451 slash line over 155 plate appearances this year.
- The Nationals’ lineup just got a whole lot scarier, as Daniel Murphy has returned after spending the whole season up until now on the disabled list.
- Cabrera wasn’t the only superstar of the last decade to get unfortunate news this week; the Mets released five-time All-Star Adrian Gonzalez after Sunday night’s game and have promoted Dominic Smith to fill the void at first base.
- The Red Sox added back one of the better hitters in the league to their lineup as they activated Mookie Betts from the disabled list.
- Orioles closer Zach Britton has returned from the DL. It has been a tough year for the Orioles, but at least they got one of their better players back healthy.
- Time to tune in on the potential next face of your franchise. Here’s how to follow every first round pick on social media.
- Unless they’re sending a sign to Buster Posey to pack it in, San Francisco made an interesting move on draft day. The Giants’ selection of Joey Bart could create an awkward situation much sooner than you think.
- Get your best ready now kids, because a dark horse is rising. Here is your weekly playoff odds tracker, with the Mariners and the Braves continuing to impress.
- Shohei Ohtani has been placed on the disabled list with a UCL sprain, and while it’s unclear whether he’ll need Tommy John, the club is expected to make a full decision in the upcoming weeks.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.