- Key events are scheduled for the companies listed below next week.
- Notable earnings reports: Retailers dominate the list this week, led by Target (NYSE:) on August 16 and Wal-Mart (NYSE:) on August 17. Also reporting are Coach (NYSE:), Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:) on August 14; Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:), Home Depot (NYSE:) on August 15; Cisco (NASDAQ:), L Brands (NYSE:) on August 16; Alibaba (NYSE:), Gap (NYSE:) on August 17; Foot Locker (NYSE:), Deere (NYSE:) on August 18.
- Expected IPO filings: Capitol Investment Corp. (Pending:CIC.U).
- Go-shop expiration: Rocket Fuel (NASDAQ:) for the Vector deal.
- IPO quiet period expirations: Calyxt (Pending:) on August 14, Kala Pharmaceuticals (Pending:) on August 14; PetIQ (Pending:) on August 15.
- Secondary offering lockup expirations: Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ:), Carrizo Oil & Gas (NASDAQ:), Ziopharm Oncology (NASDAQ:), Loco Oncology (NASDAQ:) on August 14; Five Oaks Investment (NYSE:), Alcentra Capital (NASDAQ:) on August 15; Advance Disposal Services (NYSE:) on August 16; Halozyme Therapeutics (NASDAQ:), Indentiv (NASDAQ:), Harte Hanks (NYSE:) on August 17.
- Notable annual meeting: Pangaea Logistics (NASDAQ:) on August 14, Canadian Goose (NYSE:) on August 15, J.M. Smucker (NYSE:) on August 16.
- Special shareholder meetings: Care Capital Properties (NYSE:), FelCor Lodging (NYSE:), RLJ Lodging (NYSE:) on August 15; Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ:) on August 17, Albany Molecular Research (NASDAQ:) on August 18.
- Sales and revenue update: Charles Schwab (NYSE:) on August 14.
- Credit card charge-off reports: American Express (NYSE:), Bank of America (NYSE:), Citigroup (NYSE:), Capital One (NYSE:), Discover Financial (NYSE:), JPMorgan (NYSE:) and Synchrony Financial (NYSE:).
- Analyst/Investor day: Humana (NYSE:) on August 14; Equifax (NYSE:) on August 15; Progressive (NYSEARCA:), Unisys (NYSE:), IDEXX (NASDAQ:) on August 16; Rogers Corporation on August 17.
- Media watch: A week after the Disney (NYSE:)-Netflix bombshell, media heavyweights gather on August 15 at the Nomura Instinet Media & Telecom conference in NYC. Presenters include Akamai (NASDAQ:), AMC Networks (NYSE:), AT&T (NYSE:), CBS (NYSE:), Juniper Networks (NYSE:), Lions Gate (LGF.A, LGF.B), Sprint (NYSE:), Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:) and Verizon (NYSE:). Also of interest is a talk by NBA execs with sports a large streaming wildcard.
- FDA watch: Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:) is expected to find out by August 20 if Adcetis has been accepted for review.
- Hedge fund watch: Pershing Square (NYSE:) will hold a webcast with investors on August 17.
- Barron's mentions: The cover story warns on a 50% drop for Netflix (NASDAQ:), while 50% upside is seen for Volkswagen (OTCPK:) with breakup opportunities in the air. Microsoft (NASDAQ:) and General Dynamics (NYSE:) land very favorable write-ups. On the flip side, the huge drops from IPO duds Snap (NYSE:) and Blue Apron (NYSE:) catch some attention.
- Sources: EDGAR, Bloomberg, Nasdaq.com.
- Now read: Snap Continues To Snap
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
Most Popular Articles